Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Committed to Myself

I just read another blog ,http://www.hrjr.blogspot.com, one of the entries was on Being Interested vs. Being Committed.... Man did that hit home. I never looked at the improvements I tried to make in my life in that manner before. When I did a quick evaluation I found that many of the things I needed to handle I was really only Interested in improving them or making changes in them. Whereas all the material wants I was def. Committed to fixing them. When I was younger I will say that was based on my surroundings... I wanted what other people had, even though I had enough for me, and that stayed with me until college. I became more aware of my actions and my thought process but didn't follow through to make these changes I wanted for myself a daily truth in my life. So now I feel as if I'm back in the same situation I was in before I got to college and doing things all for material gain and want..... It makes me think of this quote Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

I know I'm worth enough to be Committed to make the changes I need.


"... if life was easy then everyone would enjoy it..."

No comments: